Re: still having troubles migrating from 1.6.1... confusingbehavior, docs

Thanks for the suggestions. I am having more trouble than ever, though.
Using CodeWarrior Pro 5. Building with 1.6.70, with sources rather than
precompiled .jar file...

I try this:

        Scheme . registerEnvironment ();
        myInterpreter = ( Scheme ) Interpreter . getInterpreter ();

When I try calling the static registerEnvironment method, I always get a
javaNoSuchMethodError exception. I'm unable to step into the code to see why
this is happening. The method is there, I've rebuilt my project several
times, throw out all object code, rebuilt...

Your example is a bit confusing because I don't know the type of interp, but
I'm guessing it is your BRL class. Just curious, why do you have to subclass
the interpreter?

I'm assuming that as a subclass of Scheme, BRL is not overriding the
registerEnvironment method.

Then we use that awkward Java idiom of stuffing a descendant class object
into a variable of a ancestor type, and then having to know what to cast it
back to when you get it out... but that's just Java.

Getting fed up, will try going back to the 1.6.70 precompiled library. I
have tried and failed to upgrade to every build since 1.6.1. I would really
like to use macros.