using netbeans for Kawa?

Has anyone tried using the NetBeans IDE (http://www.netbeans.org/)
with Kawa?  Since NetBeans is open-source, it could probably be
extended to make a good IDE for Kawa.  I asked some questions at a
NetBeans BOF at JavaOne, and it sounded like the potential is good.

Long-term, I'd love to have all of the following:

* An IDE to build and debug Kawa itself.  This means being able to
build Kawa in stages.  Supposedly NetBeans already has the required
dependency mechanisms, so maybe all that is needed is some documentation.

* A convenient way to build and debug Scheme applications, without
requiring the programmer to know Java.  This part may require some
extensions to NetBeans as well as Kawa.  (We may need to have Kawa
generate new "attributes" in the .class file that specify debug
information beyond what Java uses.  Still, we can get started with
the standard attributes that Kawa already generates.)

* Being able to use Kawa for scriping NetBeans.

* Being able to use JEmacs as the NetBeans editor.  (In addition to
improving the JEmacs functionality, we also need to implement the
NetBeans Editor interface).

Working on these projects (especially the first two) would be really
helpful to Kawa, without requiring a deep understanding of Kawa
internals, and would let me concentrate on Kawa itself.