Re: continued troubles migrating from 1.6.1

Problem solved!

At least, the first problem was solved.

Kawa was all screwed up because the 1.6.1 built library (a zip file) was in
my classpath, in the MRJ Libraries folder in my Extensions folder...

Even though I was building the project with the kawa source, and making a
complete program with source all built into the resulting .jar, the Mac was
running the code from the classpath (in the MRJ libraries folder).

The debugger was trying to display using the program counter of the running,
older compiled version, displayed on top of the source files for the version
I just built... truly stupid, crazy results, etc. That's why it couldn't
find the registerEnvironment method even though it was in my built program.

Throwing out the old kawa from the classpath fixed it.

I'm not sure why the Java runtime searches for classes to load from the
"top" of the classpath (the system libraries) rather than the "bottom" (the
.jar file you're currently executing code from). This is exactly the
opposite of how inheritance usually works, how resource lookups typically
work, etc. It means you can't override system classes. Maybe that was the
intent?

Paul