This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
- To: Daniele Maraschi <maraschi at lirmm dot fr>
- Subject: Re: null-environment
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Date: 10 Jul 2000 09:24:27 -0700
- Cc: Kawa Mailing List <kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <3969EC61.572133F1@lirmm.fr>
Daniele Maraschi <email@example.com> writes:
> #|kawa:1|# (define env (null-environment))
> #|kawa:2|# env
> #<procedure null-environment>
> #|kawa:3|# (eval '(define a 5) env)
> #|kawa:4|# a
> Probably, the effect is not what it was expected!
Please read R5RS section 6.5 "Eval".
Kawa should perhaps give an error message, but what you did is clearly
invalid and meaningless.
> I think, maybe, the semantic was to returns a new "empty" environment,
No, (null-environment) does not create a *new* "empty" environment.
It returns the same one each time. Agin, please read R5RS section 6.5.