This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
Re: some questions using callbacks to java
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>, "Paul R. Potts" <potts at umich dot edu>
- Subject: Re: some questions using callbacks to java
- From: Mike Nowak <mnowak at umich dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 14:39:07 -0400
- CC: <brlewis at alum dot mit dot edu>, <kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: The University of Michigan
on 8/3/00 3:16 AM, Per Bothner at firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Have you verified that (string-length Gender) is 4?
> It is possible it may contain non-printing characters (spaces or nuls).
> In Scheme, (equal? "Male" "Male ") returns #f.
Thank you, Per. I checked the length and it was 255! It turns out that
database field was 255 characters! I changed the database definition to
varchar(255) (this is Oracle), which it should be anyway, and then we get a
value that is trimmed to the right size.
Not a Scheme problem at all. THANK YOU!!
Health Media Research Laboratory, The University of Michigan