Re: some questions using callbacks to java

on 8/3/00 3:16 AM, Per Bothner at per@bothner.com wrote:

> Have you verified that (string-length Gender) is 4?
> It is possible it may contain non-printing characters (spaces or nuls).
> In Scheme, (equal? "Male" "Male    ") returns #f.

Thank you, Per. I checked the length and it was 255! It turns out that
database field was 255 characters! I changed the database definition to
varchar(255) (this is Oracle), which it should be anyway, and then we get a
value that is trimmed to the right size.

Not a Scheme problem at all. THANK YOU!!

--
Mike Nowak
Health Media Research Laboratory, The University of Michigan