This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
Re: Newbie question
- To: <kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Newbie question
- From: "Robert D. Skeels" <robertd at synchrotech dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:12:33 -0700
08/23/2000 06:22, s.blomberg firstname.lastname@example.org:
> I'm using version 1.6.59, which is the latest version on
> the "Kawa for Macintosh" web page. Will support for kawa on macs improve?
I feel negligent since I haven't had time to update the page. Furthermore, I
haven't been using the JBindery method described, but MRJAppBuilder.
Nevertheless, it is a simple matter to update your implementation to 1.6.70
by the following:
1) Download kawa-1.6.70.jar from the kawa ftp site
2) Find the older compiled version of kawa in your MRJClasses folder
[disk]:System Folder:Extensions:MRJ Libraries:MRJClasses:*
3) Remove the older version and place the correctly typed kawa-1.6.70.jar
file in the MRJClasses folder. See the kawa-mac page for info on setting
the correct creator and type.
4) Launch your JBindery stub application as usual, since MRJ looks for
the kawa.repl class in the $CLASSPATH rather than a version or file
name, it automatically uses to newer version of kawa.
((lambda (args) (display args)) "
Robert D. Skeels
Associate Research Scientist