This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
Conforming to base classes [KAWA]
- To: "kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com" <kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Conforming to base classes [KAWA]
- From: Chris <chrisb at nimrod dot itg dot telstra dot com dot au>
- Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 16:20:17 +1100
- Organization: IBM Global Services
- Reply-To: chris at bitmead dot com
I don't understand how to write a Kawa module that conforms to a Java
base class. Like let's say I want to override hashCode from Object.
hashCode returns an int. I can't just go...
(define (hashCode) 1)
that translates to...
public static IntNum hashCode$1()
Now, why is it static?? Why does it translate to hashCode$1? How can I
get it to return an int?
I've tried the following with no success...
(define (hashCode :: <int>) 1)
(define (hashCode :: <integer>) 1)
(define (hashCode :: <Integer.TYPE>) 1)
none of which have any effect.