This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
[KAWA] -> Java
- To: "kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com" <kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: [KAWA] -> Java
- From: Chris <chrisb at nimrod dot itg dot telstra dot com dot au>
- Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 17:04:38 +1100
- Organization: IBM Global Services
- Reply-To: chris at bitmead dot com
I see that the default way that Kawa translates a module field into Java
public final Binding foo =
There must be some reason why it does this as opposed to simply
public Object foo ....
but I can't see what it is. In fact it seems to make it impossible to do
(set! (field o 'foo) "foo")
because you get...
Invalid parameter, was: don't know how to coerce gnu.kawa.util.FString
java.lang.ClassCastException: don't know how to coerce
gnu.kawa.util.FString to gnu.mapping.Binding
So there must be something good it buys you that I don't see.
Also, why does it make it "final"?