This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
Re: [KAWA] -> Java
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Subject: Re: [KAWA] -> Java
- From: Chris <chrisb at nimrod dot itg dot telstra dot com dot au>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:09:24 +1100
- CC: "kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com" <kawa at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: IBM Global Services
- References: <39B72FF6.3A7E9C9@nimrod.itg.telecom.com.au> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: chris at bitmead dot com
Per Bothner wrote:
> One reason is that would make it more-or-less impossible to implement
> correct Scheme sematics. (What if multiple source files define
> the same variable, which is legal?)
I see, so if you declare the same variable in several source files they
need to refer to the same variable.
The problem I have is whether kawa modules are designed as a mechanism
to interface with the Java world, or whether they are a system to
support nice scheme code. From reading the manual, I got the impression
that it was purely the former.