version and packaging issues

When using the current .jar files on non-Unix-like platforms, Kawa reports
back 1.6.68 when (scheme-implementation-version) is called. This is true
when using the kawa-1.6.70.jar file from the Kawa ftp site, or when I
compile and package kawa-1.6.71.jar myself. Both report the correct versions
when run on the Unix box.

I checked the source for the getVersion() function in Kawa.Version class and
it has the correct return string for both 1.6.70 and 1.6.71. I am wondering
if the Scheme function (scheme-implementation-version) calls the Java
getVersion() function directly? If so, then why doesn't it report back the
correct version?

I was thinking that, at least in the case of my building Kawa, that it may
have to do with the way I am packaging the class files. I currently use the
following when I am in the Kawa source directory:

jar cv0f kawa-xxx.jar `find kawa gnu -name '*.class' -print`

Chances are that isn't what is causing the problem, but I'd rather have
someone with expertise deal with that issue.

BTW Per, you were right about using the Sun JDK vs. Kaffe or Jikes to
compile the newer Kawa versions from the CVS sources. As soon as I installed
it (and figured out to export it in front of instead of after the existing
$PATH variable) it built Kawa like a charm.

((lambda (args) (display args)) "
   Robert D. Skeels
    athene@earthlink.net")