This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
Re: Different results with eval and compileToFiles()
- To: "Bradley M. Kuhn" <bkuhn at ebb dot org>
- Subject: Re: Different results with eval and compileToFiles()
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Date: 23 Dec 2000 10:23:25 -0800
- Cc: kawa at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20001211065158.I13562@ebb.org> <20001223113516.B4184@ebb.org>
> BTW, has anyone found a good class decompiler that can decompile
> Kawa-generated .class files easily? It seems that would make debugging a
> bit easier.
Well, Kawa does include a .class decompiler: Just do:
java gnu.bytecode.dump foo.class
The output is quite detailed.
An alternative is running jcf-dump, which is distributed with Gcj.
They both generate the same detailed output format (not surprising,
as I wrote both). Jcf-dump has the advantage that it can also
read .zip archives, and it is faster. (It starts up faster, at
least, which is important.)
If you send me the output, I can probably point you in the correct