Re: Class to use for lists from Java?

>>> Jocelyn Paine <popx@pop3.ifs.org.uk> 20-Jan-01 10:00:02 AM >>>

>If I want to use Kawa lists in Java (declaring them,
>passing as method parameters, appending, etc.),
>what classname should I use, and are there Java-callable
>methods for car, cdr, cons, append, delete element and
>insert element?

gnu.kawa.util.Pair is a Scheme pair. It extends gnu.kawa.util.LList
which is a lisp-linked list.

They do most of what you want but I don't think there's an insert as
lists don't work like that do they? It's basically a representation of
the things you do with a scheme list so if you want to insert you have
to split and re-make (AFAIK).

>I'm sure I could find these by looking through
>the source libraries, but I'd like to use an interface
>that's guaranteed to remain the same as new versions
>of Kawa are released.

There are very few parts of Kawa like that at the moment. I know that
Per is working on reducing dependancies in Kawa and this could involve
things moving package. That's the most that's going to happen to these
classes I would have thought.

BTW: I've got it on my list of stuff to do to write an introduction
to using Kawa from Java. Once Per has stabilised the dependancy stuff
I hope to improve the javadoc as well.

Nic