Kawa and BSF

Hi Per,

Thanks for the reply.  I started looking into it myself, but have a couple
of queries.  (BTW I've got no idea why I sent the last mail to cocoon-users!
Sorry...kind of gave away my intentions there....)

First, why throw a RuntimeException in the eval methods, even if it's just a
gnu.text.SyntaxException?  This seems a bit brutal, especially if using Kawa
as a scripting language within another framework (which may want to catch
and handle Kawa errors)?  How about having a KawaException class as the
worst case (intentional) throw (like the PyException of JPython)?  I'd be
happy to help with this.

Secondly, multiple instances of a BSF engine can co-exist across many
threads.  It looks like I'm able to have a separate Environment for each
engine, but when it comes to evaluating using the Scheme class, everything
in sight seems to be static.  At the very least it looks as if the evalBody
method of Eval ought to be synchronised.

TIA for replies, more queries to follow doubtless,
Allan