Re: kawa objects

Dennis <dennis@illusions.com> writes:

> I can create a class using object:
>
> (define userClass (object ()
>                      (name "Dennis")
>                      (password "blah")
>                      ((validatePassword pw)
>                      )))

No - object returns an *instance*, not a class.  It's basically
like Java's anonymous classes.

> But how do I create an instance of userClass

userClass *is* an instance.

> and access fields and methods?

(define userObject (object () ...))

(field userObject 'name)
(set! (field userObject 'name) xxx)
(invoke userObject 'validatePassword pw)

Yes, I do want to implement a define-class form when I can squeeze
in the time.  Since many people have asked for it, maybe I will.
Until then, you also have the option of using the module facility.