Re: misc Kawa check-ins + travel plans

On 18 Jul 2001, Per Bothner wrote:

> I've checked in varous changes (see below), and bumped the version number to
> 1.6.95. No tar file or "release" stuff.

> Kawa changes:
>
> A new language "xquery" implements a (so far small subset of) XQuery,
> the draft XML Query languaage.  [More on this in a separate message.]

> Per Bothner

Per, I've just found this message from you in a discussion
of compiling a language called E:

  Actually, I have been thinking about more general support
  for patterns, but I'm thinking about something much more
  general:  Something that can be used for regex matching,
  for s-expression re-writing, for XML transformation, for
  "tuplespace" (a la Linda or JavaSpaces) matching, and even
  matching agains SQL tuples (a la query-by-example).
  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far with this yet.

Is xquery your first step towards this? It's something I'd love
to see.

Jocelyn Paine