Re: output of the 'system'

Valentyn Kamyshenko wrote:

>Hello:
>
>is there a way to capture output of the `system' call in kawa?
>(that is, I'd like to get the listing of the current directory in the
>call
>        (system "ls -l"))

There is no built-in Kawa procedures to do that.  It would be nice to
have, and should not
be too difficult to write such a procedure.  Scsh and Guile have
run/string; it might be nice
if we could provide a compatible interface.  (Using portable Java we
could only
provide some of the features Scsh's process descriptors, but that would
be a good start.)