Problems compiling a module

I get the following exception when I try and compile
the test.scm file.

kawa -C test.scm
(compiling test.scm)
<unknown>:0: Literals: Internal error:java.lang.Error: gnu.expr.PrimProcedure does not implement Externalizable
java.lang.Error: gnu.expr.PrimProcedure does not implement Externalizable
        at gnu.expr.LitTable.error(LitTable.java:72)
        at gnu.expr.LitTable.writeObject(LitTable.java:192)
        at gnu.expr.LitTable.emit(LitTable.java:35)
        at gnu.expr.Literal.emit(Literal.java:118)
        at gnu.expr.Compilation.addClass(Compilation.java:1377)
        at gnu.expr.Compilation.<init>(Compilation.java:754)
        at gnu.expr.ModuleExp.compileToFiles(ModuleExp.java:272)
        at kawa.lang.CompileFile.compile_to_files(CompileFile.java:104)
        at kawa.repl.main(repl.java:240)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; start of file test.scm
;;
;; Regardless of whether or not the module is static
;; we get the above exception

;;(module-static #t)

(define add-to-tabbed-pane
  (primitive-virtual-method
   <javax.swing.JTabbedPane>
   "add"
   <java.awt.Component>
   ( <java.lang.String> <java.awt.Component> )))

;; end of file test.scm

I'm using the current cvs version.
Thanks in advance,
Eric Gustafson