Re: brackets

 >> I would vote for Option 1. Scheme is about keeping it simple.

 >Option 1 is not quite as simple as you might think.

I can't see the argument that opt 1 is anything but really simple
and easy to understand.

Whether it is convenient in terms of  compatibility is another question.
But IMHO, the nice thing about Scheme is that only '(' and ')' and
I guess quotes are special. Everything else is available for tokens.

(If I had my way I might ban quotes as well :-)