prototype object semantics

I'm (very) idly thinking about doing a morphic clone for kawa.
Morphic is a rather nice interactive objecty graphics
framework/environment, as found in Squeak Smalltalk and Self.  A
morphic emacs-a-like would be getting quite close to my blue computing
heaven.

Question: morphic is very objecty, but works best with prototype
 rather than class based semantics.  Just looking very superficially,
it seems prototypes could be embedded into the kawa class universe
reasonably cleanly: e.g. perhaps have a class called <PrototypeRoot>
which has methods
  (add-slot!   (name :: <java.lang.string>))
  (add-method! (name :: <java.lang.string>) code) ;; need this?
  (clone)
create a single object of <PrototypeRoot>, then all new prototype
semantics objects just clone and modify recursively off this.  Is this
a demented idea?

John