Re: brackets

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> Digression:  It is is sometimes difficult even for me to keep
> track of which features work, which features I've started writing
> some code for, and which features are only ideas in my head.  Sigh.

Kawa is a huge project that you've been working on for years.  It's
understandable that the feature list of such a system is going to be
hard to keep track of.

In terms of priorities, I think it's really time to close this bracket
issue, freeing up brain cells for more important items like call/cc.

Here's how I see your options, in order of effort required:

1. Reject my patch and leave the code as is, brackets-as-parens
   partially supported.  No coding effort, small support effort as
   confusion only occasionally arises.
2. Accept my patch.  Now brackets-as-parens are fully supported.
   Minimal coding effort, likely zero support effort.
3. Reject my patch and remove brackets-as-parens support.  Probably
   small coding effort.  Unknown support effort, as nobody can say who
   out there might be relying on the partial support that's there now.

Of course I'd prefer option 2.  I think you should choose one option and
be done with it.  If you choose 1 or 3, I'll just take the functionality
that's in my patch and make it part of BRL.

--
Bruce R. Lewis  <brlewis@[(if (brl-related? message)
                              "users.sourceforge.net"