Re: "apply not implemented for PrimProcedure" while attempting to use JNDI

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:

> by Kawa) under Tomcat.  The problem is that the implementing class
> that contains the implementing method is package-private, even
> though the class implements a public interface (and so the method
> itself is public).  So invoking the "invoke" method of
> java.lang.reflect.Method throws an IllegalAccessException.
>
> I think the solution is that when gnu.kawa.reflect.ClassMethods
> searches the class of the passed-in object it should ignore methods
> in classes that are not public.  This attached patch does that - it
> seems to solve my Tomcat problem, but I will probably want to clean
> it up some before I check it in.

Unfortunately this patch results in none of the methods being
available from com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapSearchEnumeration (ie. every
invoke of methods specified by the NamingEnumeration interface on the
object "answer" results in a RuntimeException "no method named
`whatever' in class ...").

 -v