Re: converting to String in Kawa

At 05:31 PM 11/21/2001 -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
>I recently checked in a "fix" to how converting to java.lang.String is done:

I like eliminating that special case.  Of course if it causes too much
grief for the installed base, then that isn't very nice.  If there are a
lot of problems with broken code, then adding macros or what-have-you for
compatibility to handle double-quoted string literals for the common cases
certain makes sense.

I suppose the question is whether to add those compatibility macros
proactively, or wait for user feedback on the extent and specifics of the
problem and the interest in fixing the old code vs having more backward
compatibility.

My $0.02.

jim

James P. White                 Netscape DevEdge Champion for IFC
IFC Exchange   *   Insanely great Java   *   http://www.ifcx.org
jim@pagesmiths.com Pagesmiths' home is http://www.pagesmiths.com