Re: how smart is compilation?

Nic Ferrier wrote:

> I should be able to [use '7' as a prefix char] because that is

 > the attribute.

Since I don't know what "that" refers to, I have no idea what you
mean.  All I know if that '&' is a reserved character in HTML and XML,
which conflicts with your proposed usage.

> That's the trouble though. Learning the internals of kawa.

Well, you wouldn't have to learn a lot, and none of the hard parts.
Just enough to plug in a new parser.  You don't even need to
sub-class the Scheme class, if you're willing to kludge things
a bit (so it uses your modified reader).