Re: AW: java.sql.ResultSet.getObject() Kawa(?) bug, (as <int> 1)

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril wrote:
BTW, Kawa-1.6.98 doc says:
as type value: ... Not supported for type to be a primitive type such as <int>. Is that still correct?
It probably works when the as can be inlined by a compiler, but probably
does weird things when called as a non-inlined function.

(Long-term, I think it wou;d make sense that when an <int> is converted
to an Object we would get a <java.lang.Integer>, but <gnu.math.IntNum>
os used for unbounded integers.  But that requires enhancing all of
Kawa's arithmetic - *after* we carefully define the semantics!)

I find the following differences strange:
#|kawa:9|# (invoke (as <int> 1) 'get-class)
class java.lang.Integer
Yes, that is strange.  I don't know what causes that.

You might try to make sure the invoke gets compiled.  For example:

(let ((one :: <int> 1)) (invoke rs 'getObject one))

Otherwise, I need a real testcase with simple instructions.   Note
that I don't have any JDBC experience, and I'd need to know how to
set up a simple database (under Linux).  (It would be great if someone
wrote up a little how-to document on using Kawa with JDBC.)

It doesn't help that I dispise JDBC.  Sending interpreted SQL
statements is just too kludgy. low-level, and non-object-oriented.
I'm wondering if JDO might be a better match for Kawa, especially
since Kawa already has all the machinery for creating classes on the
fly.