Question on compiling to bytecode

Hello All,

I have today installed and run Kawa and GCJ. Two are complementing each
other. Kawa gives very rapid code writing and GCJ is compiling into
native code. That is good.
I was exploring the best language/environment to implement very huge
software, ebusines-oriented one. I have concluded that Scheme is the
best
but doesn't have enough library to achieve my goal. Kawa may help me, I
think.

I have one question. In the KAWA-related paper, it is  mentioned that it
is
better to translate Scheme to java bytecode directly because of easiness
of
writing interactive programs. I agree with that. But I need GCJ to make
full optimization. Currently,  Gcj has to work on bytecode generated by
Kawa to optimize, but this may not produce optimal code. What about Kawa

should have also an option to generate full Java source code translation

instead of bytecode. Therefore, Gcj will have opportunity to apply full
optimization power on it. Can we make it?

Thanks

Best Regards

Erol Akarsu