Re: Question on compiling to bytecode

Hi Bruce,

Yes, compiling to java source file and producing bytecode is overhead for
servlet-based applications. But, most of the code, I imagine, will be
distributed multi-agent application that need to have much processing power,
here we need best optimized code.

As Per mentioned, bytecode optimization may be not efficient because we may
not see global picture of source code. I have just quickly checked Jscheme
is generating Java source file, jython does also. I think a Scheme compiler
should do. As a result, we will benefit the strength of both functional,
compiled and interpreted environments, that will empower the e-business
software.

Thanks

Erol Akarsu