Re: Question on compiling to bytecode

Hi,

I am really very happy to get all of this valuable information from this board.
Here, we have very talented people on this subject, that is encouraging me.

Yes it is correct, we need to have a working system first. But developing it will
take a lot of time. So, it is very difficult with which language/environment/tool
we will go. I have done a lot of programming in my school with Java. But now, I
think I will  surely pick up one of the least used functional languages in
industry, Scheme most probably, although they are very popular in research
environments.

I imagine that functional languages may lead the industry as complexity and
intelligence of the industrial systems grow if we can produce very robust native
compilers for them. To get started, we acutely should use already developed
tools/software in other languages easily.

Thanks

Erol Akarsu