Re: tagbody

"Are Meisfjord" <are at meisfjord dot com> writes:

> I then found out that the proper way of implementing tagbody in
> Scheme probably is to use continuations, but I also read that Kawa
> implements continuations using exceptions so I guess the difference
> wouldn't be substantial.

Right.  Also, Kawa's continuations can only be invoked once, so most
tagbody examples won't work.  I would suggest translating the code by
hand into a letrec with function names corresponding to the tags in the
tagbody.  Flow will probably be clearer that way anyway.

IIUC, Kawa will be able to replace function calls with jumps, so
performance should go way up.

--
<brlewis at [(if (brl-related? message)    ; Bruce R. Lewis
              "users.sourceforge.net"   ; http://brl.codesimply.net/