Re: crashing Kawa with a boolean field

Jim White wrote:

That may be reasonable. I prefer to defer unneeded initialization,
but that may make synchronization difficult. (There some example of
"double-locking" in Kawa, which I now read is consider a dubious idiom.)

Yes, I understand about the deferred initialization thing. But in this case there is already a ton of static initialization being done.

My reply was unclear - my inclination is to accept your patch, but it will have to wait until after my trip. (I'll be back late Friday.)
per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/