call-with-input-url

I'd like to submit a patch to implement/document call-with-input-url.
Would such a patch be accepted?  Should I put Scheme into
kawa/lib/ports.scm as with call-with-input-string, or Java someplace
else.  (call-with-input-file is in kawa/standard, but then it's
standard.)

--
"Notwithstanding fervent argument that patent protection is essential
 for the growth of the software industry, commentators have noted