Re: ssax in Kawa: summary: no SSAX parser, but SXML->HTML works

Hi,

Regarding using SSAX from Kawa: Kawa-1.6.98, 1.6.99, 1.7 currently have varying problems to the effect that SSAX.scm (or even SSAX-code.scm) is not loadable.

OTOH, SXML-to-HTML and SXML-tree-trans load and validate.

That means, the XML->SXML parser is not available under Kawa, but other parts like SXML->HTML and pre-post-order transformations are. That's the part of SXML which I had also used in the past.

Jim White and Stan Pinte provided some help but were not successful at using SSAX either. Thank you, guys!

I submitted a few (minor) fixes against the SSAX CVS archives which I found when trying to port to Kawa. These fixes are useful even without Kawa. I ask for inclusion into the Sourceforge SSAX project. You may wish to look at that:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=769647&group_id=30687&atid=400022

I sent some bug-reports as well to the Kawa mailing list, some of which have already been fixed in CVS of Kawa. But I did not yet send a bug-report for each individual problem. The NullPointerException compiler error that occurs in a few places is yet to be nailed down and fixed.
I'll have to figure out how to get a cvs snapshot of Kawa to test Per Bothner's recent fixes and see if the exceptions maybe disappear. Your help is welcome.

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.