Re: krl servlets & concurrency

"62945" <62945@bol.com.br> writes:
> Examining the krl translation (kawa --servlet --krl -C
> vs.scm) of
> "x" gets translated to a class var.
> An equivalent jsp code:
> the jsp translation puts "x" inside the "_jspService" method and it
> looks safe. Please instruct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't (or
> couldn't) "x" in the kawa translation be placed inside "apply".

The semantics between JSP and KRL are a little different here.  To use
Java lingo, in the KRL example the "x" variable is global and
accessible across all servlets while in the JSP example "x" is local
to that servlet.

> but shouldn't (or couldn't) "x" in the kawa translation be placed
> inside "apply".

You could do that yourself by using a let form instead of a top-level
define.  Then the two examples would be equivalent and produces
similar code.

I'll sidestep the question as to whether or not Symbol.get/set is
reentrant.

Regards,
Chris Dean