Re: working nested let-syntax (macrolet in kawa/Scheme)?

Hi,

Per Bothner wrote:
>You should at least use kawa-1.7.90 (but that also fails this
I have 1.7.90 somewhere, but IIRC it did not work with BRL (latest being 2.2.1 AFAIK), so I ended up using a couple known to work.

> But since you're on a Linux box,
>you can easily get the latest-and-greatest CVS version.
Thanks for having it fixed it the CVS tree.
Hmm, I think the problem is rather that all boxes here are behind a corporate FW which doesn't let through the CVS anon port (2401 IIRC)
I just checked it again right now and it looks like ssh access works now!?!

However,
cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/kawa co kawa
cvs checkout: Updating kawa
kawa>
generates an empty tree, with just CVS/{Root,Repository,Entries}, and Entries has a single line saying
That's all. Is this the right CVS server or is the firewall closing the connection after the first few bytes?

I found the CVS instructions under
http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=kawa linked from http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=kawa

BTW, I believe Bruce should be begged to put up a new release which works with a later Kawa. I remember that you did quite some improvements to Kawa. And BRL 2.2.1 does not even include my DB patches...

Actually, for my current mini-project, I wanted to see whether I can come up with a kawa-no-BRL solution (maybe just require <brl.sqlfun> for DB access and hope this works).

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.