Re: srfi requests?

Chris Dean wrote:
I guess "all final SRFIs" is too much :-). At the top of my list is:

- srfi-13

I took a look at srfi-13. A port isn't trivial. The main problem is the dependency on srfi-14, both in the api and in the implementation. And unfortunately a Unicode-correct and efficient implementation of character sets doesn't seem possible with duplicating the information in the tables that Java uses internally. E.g. how do you efficiently do (char-set-fold k n char-set:letter)? If I had access to the Java internals, no problem. As it is, it's difficult. (Seems like a topic for a JSR.)

For srfi-13 we can probably manage with a subset of srfi-14.
But it's not a 1-hour job and probably not a 1-day job either.

Then there is performance tweaking.

- and-let*

srfi-2 isn't a drop in either, since the implementation uses non-portable define-macro. I really want a syntax-rules implementation if possible, and if not, a syntax-case implementation. Does anyone have one, or want to write one? I doubt it would be very difficult, but I haven't looked at it yet.

- args-fold

Looks straight-forward to incorporate. We'd want to clean up the way the option-type is made "privte" - we have better machanisms in Kawa. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/