Re: kawa-java string compatibility proposal - oops

Jim White wrote:

... I believe this derivation is upside down. Either mutable and immutable strings can be siblings of an immutable class (as in the
                                ^^^^^^^^^
                                abstract
j.l.CharSequence tree), or you can derive an immutable string from a mutable one (which I think is best and they had to compromise because it would break backwards compatibility).

Jim White