Scheme Debugging in Eclipse...

Guys,

Following some private email discussions with Per, I was anxious to try
something. Here is the result so far:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/schemedebug.png

It is only a hack and has lots of limitations (read: not ready for prime
time). But this demonstrates the feasibility. In other words, we could soon
have a nice environment for debugging Kawa Scheme code.

The only limitation, which is inherent to the JDI interface in Eclipse, is
that a breakpoint must be associated with a Java type (the declaring type in
JDI parlance). Since the type is not always deducible from the Scheme source
code (one may pass the package name using the -P argument on the Kawa
command-line, as well as a -T argument to name the resulting class, etc.),
breakpoints may not always be activated in the target JVM.

If you have suggestions, remarks, etc., don't hesitate to contact me.

(This also means that I will wait before releasing the next version until I
have something that works reasonably well).

Cheers,

Dominique

The SchemeWay Project
http://schemeway.sourceforge.net