Re: syntax-case error?

On Mar 27, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Per Bothner wrote:

You can't compile a module containing a syntax-case definition and use it in the same class. You have to put the macro in a separate module.

I would like to fix this, but it's a substantial change.  It may happen
later this year, as a step to implementing call/cc.
--

Ah okay, thanks. I'm curious, how do you plan on executing macro-expansion code in the module before the module is compiled? Will you compile parts of the module before the final class-file output, or will you interpret macro expansion code without compiling it? Both seem pretty hairy. Am I right that there is no way to run bytecode in the JVM without loading a class, and that there is no way to rewrite the bytecode of a class once it is loaded?

call/cc? That will be interesting!

Rob