Re: Kawa (re-)licensing

I'm a certainly a biased commentator, but here are my thoughts:

I think that Kawa needs a license that lets people use the compiler
and run-time library in any project, including commercial projects.
This is a tricky proposition since Kawa is a Scheme environment and
there is not a sharp line between the compiler and the library.

My belief is that it is better for the Kawa community if more people
use Kawa.  So, we should have a license that encourages use in as many
circumstances as possible.

I like the MIT/X11 license because it is clear that Kawa can be used
in a large variety of situations.  The SRFI license was recently
changed for similar reasons.

> I'm thinking as an experient to try a hybrid:

Frankly, this doesn't seems as nice as a pure MIT license.  Isn't this
a distinction without a real difference?  It seems just to make the
whole licensing issue harder to understand and will scare away the
naive users in the same way that the GPL does.  Simpler is better.

Regards,
Chris Dean