Re: Interaktion between Scheme and Java

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:52:35PM +0100, Marco Bakera wrote:
> Hey there,

Hertzliche gruesse,

> my name ist Marco Bakera and i am new to kawa. However i would like to
> know whether there is some support for interaction between Java- and
> Scheme-Structures. The only thing i found out kawa is able to do is
> compiling scheme code to java classes.

  It is also capable interpreting scheme code on the fly. And,
  optionally, it is capable to interpret programs written in other
  programming languages.

> So is it possible to access java objects from within a scheme
> interpreter? Oder vice versa to let Java be able to access any output
> of the scheme evaluation?

  Yes, it is definitely possible to access Java objects/classes from
  Scheme code interpreted by Kawa. Have a look at online documentation

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Objects-Classes-and-Modules.html

  or documentation that comes with Kawa.

  Unfortunately, I am not aware if it is possible to embed Kawa
  interpreter in Java code.

> Thanks for your support and greetings from germany,
> Marco Bakera.

Greetings from Ukraine,
--
Victor Anyakin                         ()  ascii ribbon campaign
                                       /\    - against html mail