Re: Interaktion between Scheme and Java

On 2/22/06, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
> Marco Bakera wrote:
> > As Kawa directly compiles things into byetecode, is it possible to get
> > the sourcefiles this compilation has been started from? I would like
> > to have a look at them or want to compile them by myself.
>
> Ihave no idea what this question means.  What is "this compilation"?
> Whoever did the compilation presumably has the source files.
> Kawa itself is all open-source.

OK, what I mean is that on the one hand I put Scheme source files into
the Kawa compiler and what I get out is Java Bytecode.

My question now is whether there is some intermediate representation
which is a Java source format. So when there is the following flow

Scheme source -> Java Source -> Java Byte Code

my question is if its possible to get the intermediate Java sources?
Or are the Scheme sources internally transferred into ByteCode
*directly*?

Hopefully i got the point this time. :)

Greetings,
Marco.