Re: Kawa Compilation

Nigel Dolby wrote:
In thinking about how to approach both compiling Kawa code, and also how to build an interface that will run within an Applet, it seemed that a good place to start might be with the example in the section "Compiling Scheme to an Applet" in the Kawa manual. However, I have not been able to get this to run. The compile process generates the warning, "scribble.scm : 5 : 41 : warning - use of 'this' not inside a class" (but no other errors).

The current CVS archives has fixed this. You might try using that. It also has a slightly modified scribble.scm in the testsuite directory, but either should work.

You might want to verify first that the applet works when using
appletviewer.  The "make check-scribble" command in the testsuite
directory does that, though it may not help you if you're running Windows.

Note that compiling scribble.scm to an applet creates more than one .class
file.  You have to make sure they're all found by the browser.  Bundling
them up as a .jar file may be the way to do that.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about applet installation/deployment,
and even less for IE.  If you figure out how to do it perhaps
you can write something up that I can include in the manual?