Re: Calling getClass() on a Scheme subclassed object

Per Bothner wrote:
There is special-case support for
  (static-field <CLASSNAME> 'class)
This is documented in the Kawa manual to return the java.lang.Class
object for CLASSNAME in the Kawa manual.  For some reason it returns
the gnu.bytecode.ClassType instead.  I'm a bit confused as to what is
going.  I'll take a look at it.

I've found out the problem. I have a simple fix, but I want to optimize it. That got me side-tracked into fixing how we under Java5 can using ldc to load class objects. There are also some complications about array types and primitive types - it would be nice for them to work too. But I expect to check in a fix soon: I'll do at the least a quick and-dirty fix today.

Once I've fixed it, the "recommended idiom" will be:
  Foo:class
corresponding to the Java syntax:
  Foo.class

But warning: I'm expecting UPS to deliver my new laptop today, which may
be a slight distraction ...