kawa financial update

The last few years Merced Systems has generously provided funding
for me to enhance Kawa.  Alas, Merced has new managers who are
inclined to reduce that cost, so it seems likely that my income
from Merced will be substantially reduced.  And since that is my
primary source of income, that would hurt both me and Kawa.
(If I have to get a "day job" I'll have less time for Kawa.)

So this is another request: if you or your company are making use
of Kawa, consider a support contract.  Consider sponsoring an
improvement to Kawa.  (call-with-current-continuation, any-one?)
Consider a donation.  (It can be tax-deductible if it goes through
a non-profit such as the FSF.)

[People have suggested PayPal before, but is there any Free Software
project that gets any useful money that way?]

Also, anything that can help the visibility and use of Kawa is
helpful, both for Kawa and me personally.  Plug Kawa whenever
it makes sense.  Write articles about your experience with Kawa.
Implement add-ons and enhancements to Kawa.  (Perhaps real
debugging using SchemeWay+Eclipse?  An Emacs plug-in for Eclipse
based on JEmacs?)