Re: Per working for Sun on JavaFX

Congratulations, Per!

Reading the JavaFX language spec for the first time yesterday, I
couldn't help but notice the resemblance to XQuery.  It should be a
fun language to work on.

On 5/8/07, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
I'd like to let the Kawa community know that as of a week ago
I became a Sun employee.  I'll be working 80% time for Sun and
80% on Kawa (well, perhaps a little less).  The hire process
took a lot longer than expected because of the Kawa IP issues
and resolving potential conflicts of interest with my
existing Kawa support/consulting business.  (No real
disagreements; just figuring everything out.)

I'm working on the JavaFX project (which used to called F3),
which was just announced this morning.
See https://openjfx.dev.java.net/
http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/07/javafx-javaone_1.html
My main task is compiling JavaFX to bytecode.  There are obvious
Kawa synergies and parallels; in fact I've been hacking together a
prototype compiler for JavaFX using Kawa.  (That doesn't mean Sun
will ship a product using Kawa, though it is not out of the question.)
I'll also be working with Chris Oliver and other smart people on
language specification.

I'll be wandering around JavaOne.  I'll be at Chris's JavaFX
talks, and I have booth duty at the JavaOne Pavillion this evening
(6:15-8:30 during the reception) at "pod" #997.  So if you're around,
say "hi"!

Weiqi Gao (高为奇)
weiqigao@gmail.com
http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/