Using Kawa as scripting engine

Hi all,

I\'m going to develop a Java application which will need some sort of scripting engine, with requirements very similar to what Rhino does.  I.e., invoking Java methods, creating Java objects and the like, but I also need this interpreter to be controlled by my application at runtime.

I\'m very much in favor of Scheme as language, so I arrived at Kawa and expected something like Guile written in and tied to Java (which would fulfill both my requirements as above) -- however, it seems to me after some closer look that Kawa is not meant to be a scripting engine but rather a compiler for Scheme (and others) into Java byte code.

But is it still possible to use it somewhat like a scripting engine, which can execute Scheme code on demand of my application and pass argument/return values between those two systems?

It would not be a problem if I had to compile the Scheme code first using Kawa into real Java classes and could afterwards use them directly to call \"Scheme\" procedures, pass in arguments and get out return values.  Is something like this intended to be possible with Kawa compiled classes, and if, is there some documentation available on how those classes are structured so I can use them?

Many thanks,
Daniel Kraft