Re: SchemeScript and code completion

Dominique Boucher wrote:
Margus,

Since I write lot of Scheme code that interfaces with Java, the Java
method completion is quite useful. Actually, If possible, Schemeway
should do it even better, such as completing not only static method
names, but also normal method names as in
(let
     ((l :: <java.util.List> (make <java.util.LinkedList>)))
   (l:add 42))

in this case, the l:add could be autocompleted.

That requires integrating the compiler (specifically type checking) to be integrated with the IDE, which is difficult.

Is this really possible in Kawa? Things like

(define-namespace String <java.lang.String>)

... (String:trim s) ...

are legal, but not variables:methodName. Or am I mistaken here?

See http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Namespaces.html http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Method-operations.html http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/PathExpressions.html -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/