Re: Which kawa versions actually use java-1.5 features?

Leonardo Valeri Manera wrote:
I hope to be able to support building with gcj soon... that's gonna
have to wait until gcc4.3 gets released though, i've gotten stung
enough with toolchain snapshots.

It sort-of builds, but running the testsuite runs into serious problems. What with IcedTea, there is less incentive for me to debug problems using gcj.

Ah, also... any chance you could fix html doc building in the future?

You mean: cd doc make html I never do that, but I agree that is broken. The problem is kawa-tour.texi, which is obsolete, so the right thing is probably to remove that from the build. The internals manual is based on it: http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/internals/ The source has been converted to DocBook: http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/internals.xml (If you browse it, it doesn't look like DocBook, because there is an attached css stylesheet, that Firefox and other browsers use.)

I removed kawa-tour.texi and te Makefile.am rules that reference it.

I also made some fixes to the Makefile.am where the html files
generated.  They're now placed in doc/kawa-html/*.html.

Note that the online manual at http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/
is generated in a more complicated manner.  See
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Makefile