Re: "compile-file" not use compression?

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:
> Can anyone think of a reason why we might want compile-file
> to emit uncompressed .zip archives?

Some VM interpreting Java bytecode directly could mmap whole zip
archives to avoid using heap space for the bytecode from uncompressed
classes.  I don't know whether any VM does this, though.

--
But you know how reluctant paranormal phenomena are to reveal
themselves when skeptics are present. --Robert Sheaffer, SkI 9/2003