Re: SLIME backend

Helmut Eller wrote:
[BTW, the current JDI only provides access to the "bytecodes" (the VM
instructions) for a method and the constant pool.  The exception tables
(and other method attributes) are missing.

You can (usually) use the clas.getResource("ClasName.class") mechanism to find the class file, and the you could use gnu.bytecode to read the information you need from the class file.

In some places Kawa should probably use the moral equivalent of
SIGNAL instead of throw.

I do want Kawa to support R6RS exception handling - dealing with the patch you submitted is on my TODO list! I'll try to get to it soon.

But I think a Kawa debugger does need to handle plain-old Java
exceptions.