Re: Servlet based implementation of brl.

Per Bothner wrote:
On 08/16/2009 05:49 AM, Dan Stanger wrote:
In the servlet initialization, I need to retrieve values from the
web.xml file.

You need something beyond what the servlet API gives you?
No, but it would be nice to put a function which retrieves the value in HTTP.scm
so that the servlet initialization could be written without calling java directly.

It would be convenient to do that in scheme. When I used
Language.getLanguage("scheme") in the servlet init, and loaded
the compiled HTTP.scm using loadClass, the definitions were not
available when
Language.getInstanceFromFilenameExtension loaded a brl file
in the run method. It seems like gnu.kawa.brl.BRL is creating its own
namespace.

Well, Scheme and BRL are two different languages. getLanguage("Scheme") is likely to cause confusion.
Actually, Bruce and I discussed this, and we both felt that BRL should behave more like
a lisp 'Reader Macro'. That is, BRL pages, and scheme code exist in one name space.

Is this correct?
Also, what is the purpose of the 2 brl directories?

Historical. You guys had the gnu.brl directory, and it didn't seem proper to modify that. So I created gnu.kawa.brl.

I have no problems combining the two packages if you and
Bruce are comfortable with that.
Feel free to combine them.
Dan